Barwell v FC United 17/08/2014
Last season Barwell finished 14th in the Premier Division with 62 points, 34 points behind FCUM.
In the FA Cup last season, the Canaries lost 0-3 at Corby Town in the First Qualifying Round.
Whilst in the FA Trophy, Barwell lost 0-4 to Rushall Olympic at Kirkby Road in the First Qualifying Round.
But in the Doodson Sport Cup, they won 5-0 at home to Coalville Town and 2-0 against Rushall Olympic at home before losing 1-3 at Chasetown in the Third Round.
LAST SEASON’S RECORD
In all, they won eight, drew eight and lost seven of their twenty-three Home League games in 2013-14:
Wins: 1-0 Ashton United 1-0 Buxton 2-0 Marine 3-1 Rushall Olympic 5-0 Skelmersdale United 2-0 Stafford Rangers 1-0 Stamford 2-1 Stocksbridge PS
Draws: 2-2 Droylsden 1-1 Frickley Athletic 2-2 Grantham Town 1-1 Ilkeston 0-0 Matlock Town 2-2 Nantwich Town 0-0 Trafford 1-1 Whitby Town
Defeats: 0-3 AFC Fylde 1-2 Blyth Spartans 1-3 Chorley 0-3 FCUM 1-3 Kings Lynn Town 0-2 Witton Albion 1-3 Worksop Town
14th Barwell P 46 W 17 D 11 L 18 F 62 A 67 Pts 62
12 places and 34 points behind FCUM
2nd FC United P 46 W 29 D 9 L 8 F 108 A 52 Pts 96
Barwell Top League Scorers 2013-14 (62 goals)
16 – Luke Barlone 11 – Danny Newton 8 – Connor Gudger
FCUM Top League Scorers 2013-14: (108 goals)
34- Tom Greaves 13 – Michael Norton 10- Matty Wolfenden 9- Greg Daniels 8 – Jerome Wright 7 – Matt Walwyn
FCUM RADIO TIT-BITS
- Barwell FC were established in 1992 as a result of a merger between Hinckley FC and Barwell Athletic FC
- FCUM have started the season once previously on a Sunday. On August 22nd 2010 they won 2-0 against Marine at the Arriva Stadium, watched by 933, with Michael Norton netting twice.
- FCUM Midfielder Craig Lindfield won the FA Youth Cup with Liverpool, beating Manchester City in the 2006 final, and Manchester United in the 2007 Final.
- On this date in 2009, FCUM lost 2-3 against Bradford PA at the Horsfall Stadium, watched by 1150 supporters, with Simon Carden scoring twice for the visitors.
- On this date in 2011, FCUM won 6-3 against North Ferriby United at Bower Fold, watched by 1532 supporters, with Matty Wolfenden, Ben Deegan, Carlos Roca, Steve Torpey, Nathan Peat (own goal) and Mark Greaves (own goal) scoring the goals.
- On this date in 2013, FCUM lost 0-2 to Worksop Town at Sandy Lane watched by 837 fans.